EZ³: TechForest at Whitehill and Bordon, Petersfield
EZ³ is a multi site Enterprise Zone in the Enterprise M3 Local Enterprise Partnership area consisting of three key sites; Basing View, Longcross Park and Whitehill and Bordon. The three unique government backed sites are connected through the value of innovation, the 5G communications which are currently being developed and tested at the University of Surrey, cyber security and sustainable technologies.
The Enterprise Zone reflects the collaborative approach taken by enterprise M3 and the strong partnerships they possess with public and private sector stakeholders - namely East Hampshire Borough Council, Hampshire County Council and The Homes and Community Agency for TechForest.
Complementary to the establishment of a new settlement and a wider regeneration project, Tech Forest is perfect for accomodating high growth SMEs from across the region.
Whitehill and Bordon's sorrounding area is a renowned location for enterprise, particularly SMEs, excelling through an open for business approach and unique supporting infrastructure. The site focuses on developing specialisms linked to large residential development, leveraging access to proportionately affordable new and existing housing stock as a major incentive to inward investors and relocating businesses.
The Government backed Enterprise Zone will offer a range of benefits including:
- Businesses taking up occupancy in any of the EZ³ locations before 31 March 2022, will receive a 100% business rate discount for five years, up to the maximum state aid threshold of around £275,000.
- High quality business support at each site.
-A highly skilled and talented workforce with proximity to world-class academic institutions
- Exciting potential for Research and Development collaboration with reputable institutes on your doorstep, including the Pirbright Institute, 5g Innovation Centre, Surrey Centre for Cyber Security and The Institute for Cyber Security Innovation.
- Expert support to help access The Government R&D Tax Credit Scheme.
- Access to global markets through The Department for International Trade